THE TOP 17 SALES SKILLS IGNORE AT YOUR PERIL
Here are 17 tips to become a world class salesperson:
- Get skilled – Learn to sell and present. Get educated now and ongoing (increases sales by 50%)
- Have a ‘magic number’ of calls and follow-ups
- Track your activity – in your CRM
- Have multiple sales offers – Premium offer, Up-sell, Cross-sell, Down-sell, and bundles.
- Be consistent – cold calls take on average 8 attempts
- Are the calls prioritized e.g. cold calls on Thursdays then Wednesdays, between 4 pm and 5 pm)
- Time management – call in 45 minute sessions
- Research before your call
- Listen to the client – You will stand out
- Follow Up – 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls.
- Challenge the client it sells, farming doesn’t
- Tell more stories – Only 5% retain facts
- Respond quickly – 30-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first
- Never discount. It’s lazy. Instead, have alternate offers and bundles
- Give the customer the next steps. If you cant help refer them
- Patience – only 2 % of buyers purchase immediately
- Pause when asking key questions or for the sale
Implement these steps to excel at selling and contribute massively to sales revenue.