THE TOP 17 SALES SECRETS
Sales are referred to as a numbers game.
Business is really about maths and knowing your numbers. Sales also reflect this and also the culture and leadership of a company.
Focusing on the right things can make a big difference in increasing your conversion rates, the number of transactions, the Average Sale Value, and margins. 92% of customer interactions happen over the phone.
Empowering the sales team
Sales teams need good training, good presentation skills, and the right offers to present to prospective customers. Did you know 99% of businesses are not clear on their market-dominating position? This unique difference is part of the culture and ethos the sales team will reflect on your clients. Do you know the Break-Even of your Sales Offers? Or the dramatic impact of any discounting on your gross profit?
Here are some specific things to do:
- Get skilled – Learn to sell and present. Get educated now and ongoing (increases sales by 50%)
- Have a specific ‘magic number’ of calls and follow-ups to be made in a month, broken down to weekly and daily amounts
- Track your activity – if it can be measured it can be managed. Accurate information in your CRM for follow up actions, campaigns, and deal progression
- Do you have multiple sales offers – a premium offer, Up-sell, Cross-sell, Down-sell, and bundles. Don’t get cornered with an objection and one offer.
- Be consistent – cold calls take on average 8 attempts
- Are the calls prioritized for the job – cold calls and prospecting Thursdays then Wednesdays, the best times are between 4 pm and 5 pm)
- Time management – break the call sessions into 45 minute blocks then check emails, etc
- Do some research before your call – out of respect and to gain insight for better conversations
- Listen to the client – You will stand out
- Follow Up – 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls. 44% of sales reps give up after one follow-up.
- Challenge the client (higher conversion rates) on their thought or belief process. Challenging sells, farming doesn’t
- Tell more stories – Only 5% retain facts, stories are king
- Respond quickly to requests, leads, and inquiries – 30-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first
- Never discount. It is a lazy culture, drastically impacts your gross profit. Instead, have alternate offers and bundles.
- Take the customer on a journey always with the next step. If you cant help then give them an alternative.
- Closing the deal – only 2 % of buyers purchase immediately the rest will need education and nurturing till they are ready.
- Pause when asking key questions or for the sale – silence elicits a response
- Drip Campaigns – all client contacts into a systematic routine to stay in touch and ‘top of mind’ with the customer
By implementing these sales tips you are on the way to being a world-class salesperson and becoming a valuable contributor to a company’s revenue capability. Your worth has also just increased