Blog

5 MISTAKES TO AVOID WITH DRIP CAMPAIGNS

Posted by garydamp

Drip campaigns don’t replace skilled sales teams however they are a compliment. Especially since few sales team effectively follow up and most purchasers respond after multiple contacts…Bring in the Drip Campaigns a series of emails or direct messages (digital, voice, or print) that are delivered to the prospect in a systemized sequence that is automated and used to educate the new prospects. They can also handle high volumes of leads that sales teams cannot effectively handle.

Only 4% of purchasers buy now, the rest 96% take time and multiple touchpoints before they are ready. The drip campaign is a nurturing method that keeps you top of mind until the prospect is ready to buy…if you are top of mind you become a major contender for their business. I like 90% of businesses, you don’t have this process in place then you are not in the race…forgotten.

Here are the top 5 things to avoid:

1. Don’t send (Drip)To Fast – Too many emails send in rapid succession annoy the prospect. Regulate the frequency.

2. Don’t Be Too Promotional – provide an opt-out and remember to provide value by way of education interspersed with well-timed offers.

3. Don’t Duplicate prospects – beware of duplication of your prospects or you can unravel your good work.

4. Don’t forget to Monitor Lead Activity – measure your leads and hot leads should be able to buy immediately or have a salesperson follow them up. Score your leads if they can be measured, they can be managed.

5. Don’t Forget Life after the Drip – always provide offers spasmodically through the campaign, and alternate pathways if a prospect discontinues, or changes their behavior in engaging. Using newsletters or product updates, the industry can assist for long term nurturing.

Drip campaigns allow you to showcase, build trust, authority, and educate the prospect about your offers. You are providing value without an immediate expectation of a return…’The givers gain’